Anti-Allergic & Anti-Inflammatory
Clodifen (Eye Drops)
Each ml contains diclofenac sodium 1 mg.
- Postoperative inflammation after ocular surgery;
- Peri- and postoperative prophylaxis of cystoid macular edema, connected with
implantation and lens removal;
- Noninfectious inflammation of the front section of the eye(s)
- Mechanic and traumatic damages of cornea;
- Inflammation, caused by laser trabeculoplastics;
- Pains caused by radial keratotomy or laser procedures;
- Inflammation during seasonal allergic conjunctivitis.
- Increased sensitivity to drug components;
- Increased sensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory
drugs, revealing in the form of development of strokes of bronchial asthma,
appearance of urticaria, acute rhinitis;
- Infancy up to 2 years.
Local reactions as irritation, burning, transient loss of vision may occur after
instillation of eye drops. Allergic reactions as itching, hyperemia and
photosensitivity may also occur.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Only for local use. Before operation Clodifen is usually instilled in the
conjunctival sac for 2 hours with 30 minutes interval (4 times) for inhibition
of intraoperative miosis. For prophylaxis of cystous edema of macula instill 1
drop 3-4 times a day for 2 weeks after operation. In case of other above
mentioned indications Clodifen is instilled 1 drop 3-4 times a day depending on
the severity of the state. The treatment can be lasted 1-2 weeks.
If necessary, Clodifen can be administered concomitantly with other eye drops,
and also containing glucocorticoid substances. The break between drug
instillations must not be less than 5 minutes for prevention of washout of
active substances by the following instillation.
Patients wearing contact lenses must administer Clodifen only when they are
removed. The lenses can be reinserted in 15 minutes after drug instillation. The
vial with drug must be closed after every use. The pipette tip shouldn't be
touched the eye.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
The drug administration in this category of patients is possible only in case,
if expected utility of therapy for mother exceeds the potential risk for fetus
5 ml plastic bottle with a dropper and screw cap, with protective ring. Bottle
is in a carton box with enclosed leaflet.