Anti-Allergic & Anti-Inflammatory
Medexol (Eye/Ear Drops)
Each ml contains dexamethasone phosphate 1 mg.
- Non-purulent conjunctivitis, keratitis, keratoconjunctivitis and blepharitis;
scleritis and episcleritis; iritis, iridocyclitis and other uveitis of different
genesis; inflammation of back eye stretch (choroiditis, chorioretinitis); optic
neuritis; neuromyelitis optica (Devic's disease); non-infectious eyelid
dermatoses; sympathetic ophthalmia;
- Superficial cornea traumas of different ethiology (chemical, physical and
immune) following complete epithelization of cornea;
- Allergic eye diseases: Allergic conjunctivitis, keratoconjunctivitis;
- Allergic and inflammatory ear diseases (including. microbial): Acute and
chronic otitis media and otitis externa, infectious complications, associated
with ear surgery;
- Prophylaxis and treatment of inflammatory events in post-operating and post-traumatic
Hypersensitivity to ciprofloxacin and other drugs of quinolone group, to
any drug ingredients;
- Keratitis caused by herpes simplex, varicella and other viral diseases;
- Mycobacterial eye infections;
- Fungous ear infections;
- Acute purulent eye diseases with injure of cornea epithelium;
- Cornea epitheliapathy;
- Increased intraocular pressure;
- Perforation of tympanic membrane.
The drug is not recommended to instill while contact lenses are in eyes. The
lenses should be removed immediately prior to administration of Medexol and
reinserted 15 minutes following application.
Transient sense of burning may occur following instillation of the drops.
When adverse effects occur application should be immediately discontinued. In
this case it is necessary to visit a physician.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
For adults and children elder than 12 years old: for acute inflammatory
processes Medexol is instilled in conjunctival sac 1-2 drops 4-5 times a day
within 2 days, then applied 3-4 times a day 4-6 days. For chronic processes the
medicine is instilled 2 times a day during 4 weeks. Maximal duration of medicine
administration is 4 weeks. In the postoperative and posttraumatic periods
depending on intensity degree of inflammatory process Medexol is instilled 2-4
times a day 1-2 drops during 2-4 weeks.
To children in the age from 6 till 12 years old: for treatment of allergic and
inflammatory processes instill 1 drop 2-3 times a day during 7-10 days. When
needed continue treatment after day 10 after carrying out fluoresceine test (for
check of integrity corneal epithelium). For infections of external ear instill 4
drops 3-4 times a day. For infectious complications connected with surgical
operations on ear and average otitises till 4-10 drops 3-4 times a day.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Application of Medexol is possible during pregnancy and lactation only if
expected benefit for mother justifies potential risk for a fetus or an infant.
5 ml vial with a dropper and screw cup in a carton box with a leaflet inserted.